…. Charles from Read Between the Minds! Congrats! You should have an email sitting in your inbox.
For those of you who are maybe unfamiliar with Charles, I would strongly encourage you to go and check out his poetry on Read Between the Minds. His writings are sharp and insightful – and quite often the smack upside the head we all sometimes need.
My thanks to everyone else who entered (especially those who were brave enough to attempt the couplet)! I am eternally grateful for your readership, your feedback, and your support. And who knows? I may decide to do another one of these down the road.
CONTEST AND COMMENTS NOW CLOSED!
Here we are, at the barest edge of the fall season (at least in this hemisphere) and what could be better when the weather turns than sitting next to an open window with a nice hot cup of coffee, wrapped up in a something soft and cozy, reading a book of poetry? Bliss!
I’m here to help you make at least part of that picture happen… that’s right, readers! I am giving away a FREE copy of my chapbook No Direction But Home to one lucky commenter!
Here’s the deal:
* leave a plain old boring comment on this post (one comment = one entry to win)
* OR leave a comment in the form of a rhyming couplet on this post (one rhyming couplet = TWO entries to win)
* comments will remain open until Wednesday, August 28th at 8PM PST
* the winning entry will be drawn from a box (I don’t own a hat – too much hair!)
* the winner will be notified via email! no worries if you don’t have a wordpress account – you will be prompted to enter an email address when you enter a comment (no one will see your email except me and I solemnly swear it will not be shared or used for nefarious purposes)
* out of the country? that’s ok too! if you happen to be one of my British, Australian, or other overseas readers, don’t let that keep you from entering
* sorry, but the mug and the lovely handknit alpaca scarf are NOT a part of the giveaway (you wouldn’t want the scarf anyway – it sheds like the dickens); I WILL however throw in a fabulous bookmark from ALL CAPS PUBLISHING
* GOOD LUCK! and do be sure to check out the other great authors over at ALL CAPS PUBLISHING
Just to clarify: a “Like” does not constitute a valid entry – you must leave a comment to enter